My daughter is a hero. She is a liver transplant patient at Georgetown University Hospital in Washington, DC. We have UnitedHealthcare through my husband's employer. Unfortunately, we have been having a plethora of issues with denied claims, uncovered medications, etc.
In addition to all the additional attention needed to care for a child with special medical needs, I have to battle on a weekly basis to receive the care my family pays $1,135 a month for (in addition to our hefty deductible toward which medicines are not counted).
When my extended family made a big enough stink on the UnitedHealthcare TV page, they had someone from Optum Rx, their specialty pharmacy, call me. The problem, however, is not one Optum Rx can solve. They are only acting in accordance with UnitedHealthcare's policies. Not to mention the fact that they can't do anything about medicines denied at local pharmacies or denied claims.
I would love to know how to get in touch with a manager, complaint/resolution center or be able to enlist the help of some kind of case manager, but United will neither forward me, escalate my calls or offer me such support.
I've also posted on my blog, here: http://myunstilllife.blogspot.com/2013/12/expose-united-healthcare.html, and contacted several news stations. I would be happy to speak to someone to resolve these issues at any time.
Sincerely,
Kai's Momma
P.S. - I sincerely hope you cover all that you should for the hospital stay that she just had and we don't end up with a bunch of denied claims from that. You know, since you won't cover all her medicines.
If you would like to say something to UnitedHealthcare, the only way you can do so is via their UHC TV FaceBook page. You can comment, here: https://www.facebook.com/uhctv. Please feel free to SHARE on your wall and tag them!
No comments:
Post a Comment