Friday, January 28, 2011

Cat Poop Coffee

I love the fact that, at the top of my page in the Google Ad strip, one of the ad links simply says, "poop".

When you click on it, all kinds of things pop up! "Doggie Doo Drain", "Buy Dog Poop Bags Direct", "Bowel Problems?" and, my personal favorite: "Cat Poop Coffee" ...Bwahahaha!

Surely, there must be some kind of typo, or something here! But, no! It's really an ad! The coffee beans are passed through the digestive system of a cat before being roasted (and thoroughly cleaned, I hope). It sells for, get this, $25 a cup! Holy crap!

Apparently, passing through the cat's digestive system takes away the bitter taste. The coffee experts at Merlo Coffee describe Kopi Luwak (as it is also known) as a bouquet of caramel and cinnamon... Hmmm. Apparently, this cat's sh*t doesn't stink!

How do you think they came up with it? The evolution of the thought process which led to retrieving coffee beans from cat feces sounds like it would be a fascinating one!

Now, before you go trying this at home, this is NOT your common house cat. It has to be "processed" by a Asian palm civet, commonly found in Thailand. I don't want any caffeine-related cat incidents on my hands.


I'm posting this just to keep "Poop" in my ad rotation.

Feel free to "share the love" and repost this, by the way! Easy links for Facebook, etc. are below!

3 comments:

Daisy @ Our Growing Family said...

Hahaha! I noticed that there were all sorts of "poop" and "coffee" ads on there now... I've heard of the coffee thing before, but I can't remember if it was with cats or another animal. No thanks, though. I'll take my "bitter" coffee. ;)

007jas said...

No Doubt! LOL!

Debi said...

I miss your writings in my unstill life. But you are so living it to the fullest!!!
Much ❤️.