Sunday, February 27, 2011

Wherever you go, there you are.

Dear Blog,

I'm sorry I've been neglecting you. Between my laptop screen going kaput and moving back to Maryland with two small children, things have been a little crazy! But, the laptop has been repaired and we're all settled in here in Baltimore so I am fresh out of excuses.

The last nine months have been rough. Even with help from family and friends, the stress of caring for two small children without their father (particularly the emotional toll it took on Kai) and not having my own home, though my parents graciously shared theirs with us, was more than I expected. It was wonderful to reconnect with everyone again but, it does feel good to be back in my own house with my family living as a complete and singular unit. It feels as though I was rolling with one wheel off track and it's just been slipped back into the groove. Things just didn't go the way I'd planned or expected and it threw me off. Why? Hmmm...

Now that things seem to be neatly aligning themselves back into place, it's time momma got her Zen back. This doesn't mean I'll be spending long hours sitting in meditation or going on retreats (although, those things would be nice). No, I plan to take a step back to assess and appreciate what I have... what I've had all along and was just too caught up in my unmet expectations to notice. The truth is, it doesn't matter where I am, I always have the things that matter most and the ability to adjust my perspective to see that.

Home is wherever I am.

"Wherever you go, there you are." -Unknown

No comments: