Today...
I made peanut butter and chocolate sandwiches for lunch.
I gave the kids [an organic version of] Oreo cookies right after we ate.
I let Kai push her own cart at the grocery store and I took a deep breath and spoke to her gently and patiently every time she ran into the back of my heels or an isle. I even let her keep the Sesame Street crackers she pulled off the shelf and put into her cart.
I read 4 long stories before nap time (instead of 2 short ones) and gave them each an extra hug and snuggle before they laid down.
When Kai cried that she didn't want to go to sleep, I escorted her back to her bed and smoothed her hair back, spoke to her softly and told her I love her.
Today is special. Tomorrow will be special, too. And, the day after that because each day is another day that I get to wake up to my beautiful, vibrant children and appreciate the very fact that they are alive.
Sometimes I will lose my patience. That's okay. Because I will try harder next time to be more aware of how fortunate I am.
Today the Universe has a little more light in it from the sweet spirit of a baby boy who left this Earth too soon. It is of little consolation, now, to his family that he (and they) are such inspirations to so many... their struggle and his death was not in vain. Tomorrow, these words will not ease their pain. But, someday, may they find solace in the fact that so many lives were touched by one little soul in it's brief stay upon this Earth.
I made peanut butter and chocolate sandwiches for lunch.
I gave the kids [an organic version of] Oreo cookies right after we ate.
I let Kai push her own cart at the grocery store and I took a deep breath and spoke to her gently and patiently every time she ran into the back of my heels or an isle. I even let her keep the Sesame Street crackers she pulled off the shelf and put into her cart.
I read 4 long stories before nap time (instead of 2 short ones) and gave them each an extra hug and snuggle before they laid down.
When Kai cried that she didn't want to go to sleep, I escorted her back to her bed and smoothed her hair back, spoke to her softly and told her I love her.
Today is special. Tomorrow will be special, too. And, the day after that because each day is another day that I get to wake up to my beautiful, vibrant children and appreciate the very fact that they are alive.
Sometimes I will lose my patience. That's okay. Because I will try harder next time to be more aware of how fortunate I am.
Today the Universe has a little more light in it from the sweet spirit of a baby boy who left this Earth too soon. It is of little consolation, now, to his family that he (and they) are such inspirations to so many... their struggle and his death was not in vain. Tomorrow, these words will not ease their pain. But, someday, may they find solace in the fact that so many lives were touched by one little soul in it's brief stay upon this Earth.
No comments:
Post a Comment