I have no words to sufficiently describe what I feel on this day. Only that I am keenly aware of how blessed and fortunate we are, and continue to be, to have Kai in our lives.
If the first year was one of physical healing, this year has been a year of emotional healing.
Every day brings new challenges and anxieties. New joys and reminders that this moment, right now, is all we've got. That is true for any of us. It can be a more tangible concept for those of us with loved ones who live in precarious balance with life and death. In truth, any one of us, at any moment, could be walking that line. We all can use that reminder from time to time, to live, right now, and cherish what is most important.
All who know her, know that Kai's legacy will be one of just that: An inspiration to live each day fully in the present and truly appreciate what is really important in this world - love, laughter, and a zest for life.
No comments:
Post a Comment