Thursday, April 17, 2014

A Letter To Liz Bobo

Dear Representative Bobo,

I sit here in my pajamas, at my laptop at 1pm in the afternoon on a Thursday. My three children are happily playing in our home schoolroom together.

Like many of my mornings, I have forgone my personal routine to tend to my kids and, for the last 6 months, attend to the business of sorting out issues with doctors appointments and insurance coverage. My daughter Kai, 6, is a transplant patient.

You know me through our pediatrician. She spoke to you about our struggle with United Healthcare and you took it upon yourself to use your political influence to help my family. The “sorting out” of the issue is still ongoing, but we have since procured a different health insurance carrier and, regardless of how the resolution turns out, I wanted to say thank you.

A simple card doesn’t seem enough.

You see, I’ve read your story. I’ve read about your grandson. I think that you are both inspirations. I am so very sorry for your loss.

You helped my family in our time of crisis while your family was fighting an even greater battle. That moves me beyond words. 

Please accept my heartfelt condolences and deepest gratitude. The World needs more people like you... And Zach.

No comments: