Friday, October 19, 2012

Where I Stand: My Position on Politics

I believe that we are all entitled to speak our minds and seek to make information available to others via Facebook and other social networking avenues, regardless of who we plan to vote for or what our views are. It is those opposing forces that keep everything in check. 

However, I do NOT believe in insulting, demeaning or condescending to others because their opinion differs from yours. Doing so makes you no better than the candidate you oppose - who does the same thing. 

Just because someone else's opinion is different from yours doesn't mean that they are uneducated or gullible. It simply means that their life-experience has led them to a different conclusion. 

Respect. Let's be better than the politicians who are supposed to be representing us - maybe they will follow our lead, someday, if they see we aren't interested in rhetoric.

No comments: