On the way to the hospital to get her blood work, Kai asked me, "Mom, where do we go after we die?"
"We go back to God," I replied.
She thought for a moment and then repeated my answer back to me, as a question, "We go back to God?"
"Yes," I said. "God is everywhere, and in everything. We think we are separate from God, but we're not. It just seems that way. It's like a drop of water and the ocean. We think the drop of water is separate from the ocean, but it's really not. It came from the ocean and it will go back to the ocean. We came from God and we go back to God when we die," I tried to explain. "We are never really apart, it just seems that way. God is part of us, and we are part of God."
She paused for a while, considering this. "So, when I die, I will still be with you, Mommy?"
I caught my breath, "Yes, even when we can't see each other, we will still be together because we are a part of each other and God."
A tear rolled down my cheek as I was humbled by my 4-year-old daughter's wisdom... and God.
1 comment:
My, my...
Our girl can see to the heart of everything, every time.
A tear rolled down mine as well.
Post a Comment