Saturday, February 12, 2011

Packing With Kids OR Why Mommy Has Lost Her Mind (This Time)

I have been slowly gearing up to pack for our move back to Maryland. Slowly, because I have to warm up to the idea... mentally prepare myself. It's not that I have a ton of stuff to pack. It's that I have 2 small children "helping" me. My day has gone something like this...

Step 1. Put items in box.
Step 2. Chase 1 year old who has toddled off with said items and put them back into the box.
Step 3. Turn around to discover box has been dumped and 1 year old is sitting in it...
Step 4. Carry 1 year old into the living room to play with 3 year old. Look for his new hiding place for stolen things. Recover "stolen things" and replace them in box.
Step 5. Discover 3 year old has stripped all her clothes off while you were busy with steps 1-4 and is running through the house naked and squealing.
Step 6. Pour glass of wine.
Step 7. Drink it.
Step 8. Repeat steps 1-7.

So far, I've made it through 1 bottle of wine. What's that? What about the packing? Oh, I'm not making a whole lot of progress but, I believe I should get a "A" for my effort.

No comments: